If you’ve got five minutes and a well-stocked fridge, I suggest you give this delicious smoothie a try. Rich in fiber, it’ll fill you up and help you feel your best all day long.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn a small profit when you click on the link and purchase my recommendations. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks for supporting my small business!
EASY KALE BANANA BERRY SMOOTHIE RECIPE
You can make this deliciously tropical smoothie with only a handful of simple ingredients. If you want to feel like you’re drinking a Tahitian sunrise, mix in just a couple more of our favorite ingredients and create your own customized smoothie.
Tropical Smoothie with Kale Ingredients
1 cup plant milk of choice (I used unsweetened almond milk)
1 cup frozen blueberries (no need to thaw)
1/2 cup frozen pineapple (no need to thaw)
1 cup kale, packed
Optional Mix-Ins for Nutritional Boosts:
1 T unsweetened shredded coconut
1 T chia seeds
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
1 T almond butter
1 T hemp seeds
Notes on These Ingredients:
- Plant-based milk options include unsweetened almond milk, coconut milk, cashew milk, soy milk, and oat milk. I went with unsweetened almond milk, which is low in calories but high in vitamins and minerals. It gave me that perfect consistency I was after.
- Bananas are an excellent way to add natural sweetness to a healthy smoothie.
- Frozen blueberries will not only make the smoothie nice and chilled, they’ll also thicken up the smoothie a bit. If you don’t have frozen blueberries, you can use fresh blueberries with ice or a frozen banana instead.
- Pineapple helps to add just the right amount of tartness to the smoothie (not to mention tons of vitamin C and antioxidants).
- Kale is packed with iron and so many good-for-you minerals known to boost energy levels. Thanks to the deep purple pigment in blueberries, you won’t even know you’re drinking a super-nutritious green drink. There’s no need to remove the ribs from kale leaves for blending.
- Shredded coconut is a great way to amp up the tropical vibe of fruit smoothies (plus, it adds more healthy fats).
- Chia seeds and hemp seeds add healthy fats, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber.
- If you want more protein, add vanilla protein powder and/or almond butter.
- If you don’t have kale, you can use spinach instead. If you don’t care for the taste of kale, you can omit this ingredient or swap for spinach. I have to say, you might be surprised to learn this smoothie has kale if you were to drink it without knowing. This might be your new favorite way to get your greens in!
- If you don’t have frozen fruit, use fresh fruit and then add ice cubes until the smoothie has reached your desired thickness.
- Use a frozen banana for a smoothie that’s on the thicker side.
- If you don’t have plant milk, you can use water, coconut water, or orange juice. Another option is to quickly make your own oat milk.
HOW TO MAKE THIS TROPICAL SMOOTHIE WITH KALE
Add milk, banana, frozen fruit, and kale and optional mix-ins last, to blender.
Blend until it’s smooth and your desired consistency. Add more milk if your smoothie is too thick (which can happen if you add in lots of extra ingredients). Add more frozen fruit or ice if you smoothie is too runny for your liking.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Tropical Blueberry Banana Smoothie with Kale Recipe
- High- Powered Blender or Food Processor
- 1 cup plant based milk
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen pinapple
- 1 cup kale, packed
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1 T unsweetened coconut, shredded
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 T almond butter
- 1 T hemp seeds
- 2 T granola
- 1 T almonds, sliced
- 1/8 cup blueberries
- 1/8 cup bananas, sliced
- Add milk, banana, frozen fruit, and kale and optional mix-ins last, to blender.
- Blend until it's smooth and your desired consistency. Add more milk if your smoothie is too thick (which can happen if you add in lots of extra ingredients). Add more frozen fruit or ice if you smoothie is too runny for your liking.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
HOPE YOU ENJOY MY FAVORITE SMOOTHIE RECIPE!
Is this creamy smoothie paradise in a glass or what? Not only will you be able to close your eyes and pretend you’re on your favorite tropical island, you’ll also be able to feel great about the nutrients you’re getting with this antioxidant-rich smoothie. Drink up!